Okay... one post in September wasn't all that great, to be honest. Surely, I'll have to find some time out of my "real life" to keep updating this thing.
The main highlight over the past couple of days has been the arrival of Ubuntu! My copy of the OS finally arrived home, and I have to admit it is really amazing. Besides the obvious feeling of excitement, some features of Ubuntu just floored me. You can actually boot the OS! I mean, you could NEVER boot Windows from the CD!!
I managed to find my way around quite easily as well. For starters, Ubuntu started recognizing my hardware and even auto-setup my internet connection for me- and all this without installing it on my hard-drive!!
The irony of the entire situation is that I managed to win a copy of Windows Vista Business Edition just a week back, and was hoping to install it on my home-comp this weekend. Looks like I'll have to make up my mind between the two
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I recently tried fedora sir. It, for some reason runs faster than Ubuntu, perhaps because you don't get arbit software pre-installed in it. I have been using it and would recommend it for some time-pass.
Post a Comment