Ok, so another month has gone by. This time it has been pretty hectic. After finishing up an intern at a "major mechanical Engineering MNC, in fact the largest in its field", I finally got back to doing some real coding. (Don't ask about my work there, even if I could tell you about it, I wouldn't :P )
Project: Top Secret is closing in on an alpha demo. We've got a server set-up halfway across the world, and hopefully an Advisory Board-only demo isn't very far away. Its been some ride so far, and I hope this one will go off well too.
The biggest piece of news though is that I've returned to OGRE ! Hurray!! (whistles blaring, trumpets blowing etc.etc.) My last experience with OGRE was with some 5th maintenance version of Eihort. I was deeply in love with it, but had to give up due to various reasons. I know now that the OGRE is quite a moster (no pun intended), and I've made the decision to come back, and come back big at that. I' propose to get an OGRE demo, showcasing all of the spiffy features in OGRE. (I kinda get some inspiration from BrokeAss games and what they've done with TGE).
I've been poking around for some ideas that would make for a truly spectacular demo. To be very honest, I'm pretty sick of the Doom3-esque demos showing dark, creepy dungeons with HDR and DOF. Yeah, it makes me very, very sick. So I'm going to look into possible themes for the demo and then decide which one would help bring out all of the engine's features in one go. That would be the best way to deal with it, I guess - take the feature list and implement every one of those eye-ogling features. Besides, I've always wanted to do a demo for pure eye-candy alone.
Its official though, this is coming very soon to an OGRE website near you (wait, there's only ONE OGRE website, right?).
Some people have even suggested using top-of-the-shelf artwork to put project offset to shame (www.projectoffset.com). Mr Sam McGrath, there's an OGRE coming your way...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment