Friday, December 7, 2007

Long time coming

If I have had one thing bother me for a while, its been the fact that I haven't attended a T.N.Krishnan concert live. Well, being a follower of carnatic music (I know that might sound debatable to some, but yes, I do follow carnatic music), and staying in the carnatic hub of the world, I do think it is a little shameful.

So the jinx was finally broken yesterday when I saw the man perform in person! It was a remarkable experience. Part of parampara, a family event which saw members of the Narayana Iyer family perform on stage, TNK performed with his sister, Dr.Rajam. They played the kanada ragam, which brought back vivid memories - both happy and well, not so happy ones.

That said, I found new energy in me yesterday. It was something that reminded me of who I am, and what I intended to be. Well, it was a revealing experience.

As a result of that, I really got down to working on the game I've been writing (or rather contemplating about for the most part) for a while now. Its called codename Grey havens (working title). I was still in the process of organizing features, and all of a sudden it took off yesterday. I figured out the scene configurations today, and presto! I have screens...

Yes, you read it right, I have screens!! Who would have thought that was possible?! well, it is... well, here it is ladies and gentlemen... I present to you - my infamous fur shader!! (a very primitive version, needs tons of work still, but its a start)

I present to you: (the model's not mine btw, so don't give me credit for it :P)

No comments: