Monday, February 2, 2009

Random Thoughts - II

Most people who happen to read this blog also do chance to inevitably tell me everytime we meet that they gave up reading after a few posts. One thing that they almost do mention is that they like the previous 'Random Thoughts' post, which obviously fills me with some pride.

So, I thought - here goes another one!

Assassin's Creed is done - Al Mualim is dead and Altair is now immortal! Ah, finally. And to think of all the things that went on right from the start. After my 8600 GT overheated, causing my side-fan to choke and my motherboard fins to bend (!!, yes, it DID bend due to overheating!), I thought I might never see the game to the end. BUt then, if there's one thing that I've learned from my long and fruitful journey as a gamer, is that perseverence pays! So I had to open up my cabinet and put an external table fan to set things right. And once I was on my way, so was Altair, and come to think of it, I'm a little unhappy its all over - no more high-profile assassinations, just random stupid guards. Tsk... Tsk...

And as always, any post is never complete without the mention of XRaySim! It now features hardware-accelerated ray-tracing! hurray! More on that one later, another post maybe - not random enough :P

I've been reading up a lot on Christianity of late (no, no it has nothing to do with anyone I know, nothing at all...) and I've rediscovered my fascination for the Knights Templar. I just finished up a book on the military order, called Brethren - it was a little obscure, but pretty well written and to a certain degree - historically accurate too. Now all I need to do is go out and get the sequels :D

I've also decided that I'm going to start posting more random stuff all over. I've also decided that I'm going to write about more... er... shall we say... random?... things

No comments: