CAUTION: The following is a collection of random rants, collected over the past two weeks and now published here. They're NOT pseudo-random, computer-generated stuff. They ARE randomness itself, mostly strung by (more random) string. The tone brings out the feelings of the author at the particular time. The sentences may not follow a logical order at all, so don't blame the author for any loss of lives.
First, it all began with the visit of two "esteemed" emissaries from the central govt. This was preceded by an intense scrutiny of the entire campus. There were policemen, clad in brilliant white, with dark sunglasses , broad moustaches, well-oiled hair and equipped with what I presume is the latest in high-tech weaponry, atleast high-tech enough to befit them.
Then on the day, there were all these bastards roaming OUR campus with sniffing dogs and asking US not to go via certain routes on OUR campus. This was an outrage! For the very simple fact that two other bastards had to visit OUR campus for some random shit, and WE had to bear with more bastards littering our "green" campus with their shit. I'm sorry, that is just NOT acceptable. WE get thrown around in OUR area by THEM? Bull-crap. If only Altair were here, these big-belleyed-bozos would get THEIR share of the same shit.
Assassin's Creed has to be one of the best games of the year. Period. I know people might argue that it was kinda repetitive, but for all that hype, here is one game that actually lived up to expectations. Its not easy to bring in something that has been publicly displayed for over two years, release it on the PC, and then win critical acclaim. UbiSoft Montreal, take a bow.
After 7 years of working with my PC, I finally realized that I DIDN'T have a PCI-Express slot on the motherboard! Holy bull-crap! Agreed, I've owned 5 more computers in the meantime, so I guess I didn't quite pay much attention. And wait- here's the best part - the AMD motherboard that I own, actually has an AGP slot! One more to my antique computer collection, I say.
After discovering to my utmost horror that the latest in the Intel GMA range supports DirectX 10, I decided to try it out for myself. My dad recently got a new Dell Inspiron, (fortunately) running 32-bit Vista. And guess what - it had an Intel GMA x3100! Mwahaha, now for the official "Kow benchmark observations!" First set painLevel = 3 (on a scale of 32, given the events in the previous paras)
- Simply put, Intel has the lousiest openGL support on Windows Vista. I mean, wtf? They've been advertising DX10 functionality for over 2 years now, and they don't even support OGL2.0? pain level += 5
- That means - NO GLSL! Screw GMAs! May Intel die a painful death! PainLevel += 7
- (Shared) memory of upto 256MB of system RAM? Who in the name of god? What are they thinking. My first thought after reading this in the official specs was - does Intel hire Art-majors to do their chip design? The whole purpose of on-board memory is defeated, isn't it? Well, I got around to testing it, and my opinion didn't improve, not by a trifle. Lousiniess personified! painLevel += 5
- Back to OpenGL. Forget GL2.0, these chips don't even support pre-2.0 standard extensions! Seriously. Last I looked - no pbuffers (don't even think about FBOs), which means no RTT, which means no post-processing, which also means crap. painLevel += 10
Ok, so that does it, after the entire iteration, painLevel = 30/32! Not as bad as I thought to be honest, but what the hell, atleast it plays solitaire!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"does Intel hire Art-majors to do their chip design?" lolmax
An apt title.
Post a Comment